Our research focus includes:
- What factors influence attitudes of students towards mathematics and statistics at the start of their courses?
- What are the key motivators to study for students?
- What underlies the low attendance rates of some sections of the student body?
- What measures can be used to quantify the effectiveness of support mechanisms?
- How effective is computer-assisted assessment?
- What is its potential for mathematics and statistics education? What are its limitations?
- Can the potential of emerging mobile technologies be effectively utilised for lasting benefit?
- What are effective technologies for the support of students with additional needs?